Did you know that 40% of children have tooth decay by the time they are in kindergarten? Read about how to maintain and achieve a healthy smile. If you would like to schedule an appointment with our south side Chicago dentist, contact us at our Chicago dental office.
Here are some interesting facts about your amazing teeth:
- Enamel is the hardest substance in the body, according to Dr. Leslie Seldin, a spokeswoman for the American Dental Association.
- A quarter of all of the adults in the United States have lost all of their teeth due to improper at home and professional care.
- Teeth are already forming before birth.
- The term “wisdom teeth” was given because these teeth come in later in life.
- Saliva is produced in our mouth in order to assist in breaking down food. It also helps to prevent tooth decay.
- In regards to diseases, tooth decay is the second most common after the everyday cold.
- When the general public goes to the store to buy a toothbrush, they prefer the color blue over red.
- During the middle ages, it was custom to kiss a donkey when a person had a toothache.
- A person only buys 18 yards of dental floss per year when reality, it should be 122 yards.
- It is important to visit your dentist at least twice a year to maintain healthy teeth.
Enjoy these fun dental facts. We hope to see you soon at our South Side Chicago dentist.